Sport at River Beach
At River Beach we hold the value of sport and physical activity in high esteem and are committed to providing every child with the chance to achieve their full sporting potential and develop a life-long enthusiasm for PE and sport.
Enjoyment and friendly competition are central to our PE curriculum.
Children have the opportunity to take part in a broad range of sporting activities and apply their new skills in competitive situations both within the curriculum and in cross curricular clubs.
River Beach children take part in a range of extra-curricular sports. We offer clubs throughout the year including: dance, girls and boys football, cricket, rounders, rugby, netball, athletics, basketball and cross country running.
We compete against other schools as part of the Littlehampton Area Sports Partnership (LASP) and the wider Southern Area School Games partnership.
We pride ourselves, on our sports team’s reputation for competitiveness, fair play and sportsmanship; which are values we highly value and aim to promote at River Beach.
Some of our recent sporting achievements are:
- Winners of the Year 5 and 6 Angmering and Littlehampton Area football tournament 2014.
- Winners of the Littlehampton Area Girls football tournament 2013.
- 2nd Place in the Southern Area Girls Football tournament 2014.
- Winners of the Year 3 and 4 Littlehampton football tournament 2014.
- Winners of the Year 5 and 6 Littlehampton rounders tournament 2014.
- Our Girls football team reaching the Sussex School Games finals in 2013
- School achieved School Games Mark bronze award in recognition of commitment to competitive sport.
For more information on the Littlehampton Area Sports Partnership including event details and results visit here.
We have also published our Sports Premium Funding here for your information.