Welcome from the SCC
Welcome to the School Community Council (SCC) section of the River Beach Website.
School Community Council Members are the new name for Governors and have been introduced across all Schools in the Schoolsworks Multi Academy Trust (The Trust) since September, 2016.
The role of School Community Council Members is to support the Trust’s governance arrangements by monitoring the performance of the School and reporting back to the Trust on a regular basis. We do this through robust challenge of the day to day operation of the School and by working closely with our Headteacher, Mr Ayers. In carrying out this role our aim is to improve the quality of the education we provide for River Beach children. The School Community Council meets on a termly basis at least three times per year.
The objectives of SCCs are to be accountable to the Board of Schoolsworks in order to:
- Ensure high standards of teaching and learning
- Ensure pupil happiness, welfare and safety
- Ensure efficient, appropriate and compliant use of local finances
- Ensure school premises are safe and secure and there is a good learning environment
- To support Headteachers as required (e.g. recruitment or performance management)
- Ensure effective engagement within the academy school’s local community
At River Beach we are delighted to have a diverse and broadly based SCC. Our SCC members have a wide range of skills which they use to benefit the pupils and other members of our school community. We are grateful to them for their commitment but also believe that they enjoy their role at the school and appreciate the chance it gives them to make a difference to local children and their families. We are always looking for new people who have an interest and the skills to join our friendly team. If you believe this is you, please contact our Chair of SCC Steve Tester via the school.
To contact the Chair to the SCC, please email Steve Tester.