Every day counts!
At River Beach we consider it vital that your child attends school as regularly as possible.
Research has clearly shown that regular attendance has a positive impact on children’s achievement.
Being at school regularly helps your child build friendships with other children, and your child can feel “left out” after an absence.
At River Beach we reward good attendance in many ways. They include;
- Individual prizes on a daily half termly, termly and annual basis.
- This include Star Points where each child receives two points day for coming to school. These points as well as points for good behaviour leads to prizes.
- Half termly and termly prizes of specially made attendance prizes including pencils, badges, erasers
- Annual prizes which are generally an engraved glass trophy
- Last year we gave out two prizes to pupils who had attended River Beach and their previous schools for seven years without a single day off!
- Weekly certificates and prizes in each Phase assembly for the class with the highest punctuality and attendance
- Class rewards according to the number of days the whole class has been in school
Please follow this link to see what the local press reported when two boys managed 6 years with 100% attendance!
To read the leaflet that is sent out to parents about attendance please follow this link.